Reminder to the voters of Milford Township:
Voters must present valid picture identification at the precincts. If valid picture identification is not available, voters must fill out an affidavit before obtaining their ballot.
If you should have any questions regarding this election, please contact the Clerk’s office at (248) 685-8731.
THE REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER TO VOTE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A person must be a citizen of the United States.
- A person must be a resident of the State of Michigan and will be at least a 30 day resident of the township/city/village by Election Day.
- Will be at least 18 years of age by Election Day.
- If false information is provided, a person has committed perjury and is subject to a fine or imprisonment or both under Federal or State Law.
A PERSON MAY REGISTER TO VOTE:
Qualified electors may register to vote or change their address in the following manners: In Person:
- At the Township Clerk's Office or at the office of any County Clerk during normal business hours.
- At any of the Secretary of State Branch offices located throughout the State during normal business hours.
- At the specified agency for clients receiving services through the Family Independence Agency, the Department of Community Health, Michigan Jobs commission and some offices of the Commission for the Blind.
- At the military recruitment offices for persons enlisting in the armed forces.
By obtaining and completing a Mail Voter Registration Application and forwarding to the election official as directed on the application by the close of registration deadline. Mail voter registration applications may be obtained by contacting the clerk's office. Please note that a person who registers to vote by mail is required to vote in person unless they have previously voted in person in the township where they live or are at least 60 years of age or are handicapped.
Effective April 1, 2000, Public Act 118 of 1999 amended the Michigan Vehicle Code to clarify that a person's driver license address must correspond to his or her voter registration address. An address change submitted by an individual on a voter registration application form will automatically carry over to the individual's driver license record. Similarly, an address change submitted by an individual to update his or her driver license record will automatically carry over to the individual's voter registration record.
OBTAINING AN ABSENT VOTER BALLOT FOR AN ELECTION
Absent Voter Ballots are available through the Clerk's office prior to an election by first filling out an application for said ballot, indicating why the ballot is needed and signing the form. The application is then processed and a ballot is issued and mailed to the individual or handed to the voter if obtained in person at the clerk's office.
Absent voter ballot applications are NO LONGER SENT AUTOMATICALLY TO THOSE 60 YEARS & OLDER as mandated by recent legislation in Lansing. Please contact the Milford Township office if you are 60 years and older and/or want to be placed on a "Permanent Absent Voter Application" list at 248 685-8731. 2248
Upon registering to vote, the application will be entered into a computer system that will assign the precinct and generate a voter registration card for the voter. The card will be mailed to the voter to determine residency.
VOTER REGISTRATION FORM